• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Exhibit and tour are free.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 302 W. Main St., Troy, presents two exhibits, “Imagining a Better World: The Artwork of Nelly Toll,” through July 10 and photographs by Jerry McGlothen through July 8. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents the 22nd annual exhibit, “The View,” through July 8. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “The Lion King” in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton, through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$147 at www.ticketcenterstage.com and 937-228-3630.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., presents a Lego exhibit, “It’s All about That Brick,” through July 31. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 937-498-2787.
• Old Fashioned Farmers Association presents the 40th annual Old Fashioned Farmers Days today from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to noon in the Van Wert County Fairgrounds, 1056 S. Washington St., Van Wert. Farm equipment exhibits, tractor pulls, entertainment, cow milking, food. Admission: $3. 419-495-2457.
• Today is the deadline to register for a butterfly workshop with Ruth Bowell scheduled for Saturday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $5 nonmembers, free for members. Butterfly feeder kits: $5.
• Wiley’s Comedy Joint, 101 Pine St., Dayton, presents Wiley’s Annual Fireworks Comedy Contest at 7:15 p.m. Fee to participate: $25. Tickets to watch: $5 plus two-item purchase. wileyscomedy.com.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts drop-in preschool playtime for children in preschool and kindergarten all day. Free. 394-2761.
• Red, White & BOOM! festival runs in downtown Columbus from noon to 11 p.m. Food, entertainment, children’s activities. Parade at 6 p.m. Fireworks at 10 p.m. Free. Parking and street closure information at www.redwhiteandboom.org.
• Sidney Civic Band performs a patriotic concert on the courtsquare at 7 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Fort Loramie Liberty Days festival runs from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. today, 11 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday in Fort Loramie Community Park. Food, entertainment, children’s activities, contests, games, pageant. Fireworks at 10:30 a.m. today. Free.
• Freedom Days runs in Lake Shore Park, Main and S. Ash streets, Celina, from 4 to 11 p.m. today, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Entertainment, food, beer, rides, poker run, fireworks at 10 p.m. Saturday. Free.
• Lima Kennel Club, 1050 Thayer Road, Lima, presents the Western Ohio Cluster All-Breed Dog Show from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., today through Sunday. 419-588-7773.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Darke County Parks hosts a hike in the creek at 2 p.m. in the Worth Family Nature Preserve, 7801 Spring Hill Road, Union City. Free.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, presents “Lily Martin Spencer, Artist” performed by the Echoes in Time Theatre at 1 p.m. today, July 9, 16, 23, 30. Admission: $10 adults, $9 seniors, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free. 614-297-2300.
• New Knoxville Independence Day Celebration runs from 11:30 a.m. to midnight today and from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday in the New Knoxville Community Park. Entertainment, exhibits, games, contests, food, raffle. Fireworks at 10 p.m., Sunday. Free. www.nkjuly4.com.
• Fireworks at Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville, at 10 p.m. Free.
• City of Dayton presents the Lights in Flight festival at RiverScape MetroPark, 237 E. Monument Ave., Dayton, from 1 to 10:30 p.m. Food, children’s activities. Fireworks at 10 p.m. Free. 937-333-8400.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades 6-12 to register for Wednesday with Wildlife, scheduled for Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Science projects, research, art, snorkeling. Fee: $20 members, $25 nonmembers at 937-698-6493.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, hosts a naturalization ceremony for 46 new American citizens at 11 a.m. The ceremony is open to the public. Admission: $16 adults, $10 children 6-16. www.saudervillage.org.
• Independence Day fireworks begin at 10 p.m. at Sidney Middle School, 980 Fair Road; at 10 p.m. along the riverfront in Troy; at 10 p.m. at the Civic Center, 218 S. Harrison St., New Madison; and at 10 p.m. in City Park in Tipp City. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Connection Point Church of God Relay for Life team hosts an ice cream social from 6 to 10 p.m. at Sidney High School, 1215 Campbell Road. Food, children’s games, vintage baseball game at 7 p.m.
• A Family Affair Relay for Life team hosts a car show at 6 p.m. at Sidney High School. Registration at 5 p.m.
• Central Ohio Symphony performs a Fourth of July concert at 7:30 p.m. in Phillips Glen at Ohio Wesleyan University, 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware. Free. www.centralohiosymphony.org.
• The 33rd annual Doo Dah Parade lines up at noon and steps off with the national anthem at 1 p.m. along Buttles Avenue between High and Park streets, Columbus. Entertainment from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. www.doodahparade.com.
• 23rd annual Star Spangled Spectacular runs from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. in Faurot Park, Woodlawn Avenue and N. Shore Drive, Lima. Entertainment, food, contests, concessions, cruise-in. Fireworks at 10 p.m. Free.
• Van Wert Holiday at Home runs from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. in the Van Wert Historical Museum, 602 N. Washington St., Van Wert. Parade, crafts, entertainment, activities. Free. 419-238-9378.
• Piqua 4th Fest runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Fountain Park, along Forest Avenue in Piqua. Food, children’s activities, entertainment; and presents Hired Guns in concert in downtown Piqua at 6 p.m. and the Coasters in concert downtown at 8:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:40 p.m. Free.
• The Fourth of July parade begins at 9 a.m. at Hobart Arena, 255 Adams St., Troy.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Daniel Dye and the Miller Road Band in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Stallo Memorial Library hosts storytime for all ages in Paris Street Park in Minster at 10 a.m., the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at the library at 3:30 p.m., and Olympics-themed Family Night at 4, 5, and 6 p.m. at the library. Advance registration required for family night at 419-628-2925. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Game Day Fun for children in grades K-6 at 1:30 p.m. and Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for game day at 419-629-2158.
• Sidney-Shelby County YMCA, 300 E. Parkwood St., presents Olympic Camp “Go for the Gold” for children 6 and older today through July 8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee: $70 members, $90 nonmembers. 492-9134.
• Darke County Parks hosts a hike for dogs and their people, with a naturalist, in Eidson Woods Preserve, state Route 502 W. and Union City-Palestine Road, west of Greenville, at 6:30 p.m. 937-548-0165. Free.
• New Knoxville Library presents a summer reading program Crafternoon for all ages at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents “On Your Mark, Get Set, Draw” with cartoonist Jeff Nichols for all ages at 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and the Chef Battle with Cooking Caravan, a family activity, at 3 p.m. 419-753-2724. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and the Cooking Caravan Chef Battle for all ages at 1 p.m. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]