• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents a summer solstice exhibit and talk by Wil Hershberger, at 7 p.m. Tickets” $5 members, $10 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Exhibit and tour are free.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 302 W. Main St., Troy, presents two exhibits, “Imagining a Better World: The Artwork of Nelly Toll,” through Sunday and photographs by Jerry McGlothen through Friday. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents the 22nd annual exhibit, “The View,” through Friday. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Wizard of Oz” today through Aug. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 adults; $30 children 11 and under. 800-677-9505.
• Greenville Farm Power of the Past Tractor and Gas Engine Show runs at the Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville, today through Sunday from 9 a.m. Antique farm equipment displays, entertainment, food, demonstrations, kiddie tractor pull, women’s activities, church service and cruise-in Sunday. Admission: $5 adults, children 11 and under free. 937-547-1845.
• Arthritis Foundation hosts its Classic Auto Show and Cruise-In today through Saturday at Dublin Metro Center, 555 Metro Place N., Dublin. More than 1,500 street rods and classic cars. Admission: $10, spectators. 614-503-5591.
• Country Concert at Hickory Hill Lakes, 7103 state Route 66, Fort Loramie, runs today from 3 p.m. to midnight; Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight; and Saturday from 11 a.m. to midnight. Music by top country performers. Concert times vary. Tickets: $99-$672 at www.countryconcert.com.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., presents a Lego exhibit, “It’s All about That Brick,” through July 31. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 498-2787.
• Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., screens “Flash Gordon” at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $3. 498-1921.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center presents Everything Fitz in concert at 7:30 p.m. on the square in downtown Troy. Free. 937-339-0457.
• The 2016 National Train Show runs today from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., Indianapolis. Exhibits, vendors, appraisals, children’s games, demonstrations. Tickets: $14 adults, $13 seniors, $10 children 13-17, $7 children 6-12, children under 6, free. nationaltrainshow.org.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Ohio Challenge Hot Air Balloon and Skydiving Festival runs today through Sunday at the Middletown Regional Airport and Smith Park, Middletown. Baloons, sky diving demonstrations, rides, clowns, games, Indian village, entertainment. Admission: $4-$20, depending on parking options. www.ohiochallenge.com.
• Sidney Civic Band performs its “Music of John Williams” concert on the courtsquare at 7 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Rear Window” today and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $6 at 888-228-3630.
• A.B. Graham Memorial Center, Ohio 36 and Alcony-Conover Road, Conover, hosts a summer picnic from 5 to 7 p.m. and bingo at 7 p.m. Meals cost $8 for adults, $3 for childen 12 and under. 50/50 raffle, too. abgraham.org.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, presents Summer on the Farm featuring old-fashioned farm activities from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and a fiddle contest at 1 p.m. Admission: $16 adults, $10 children 6-16, children 5 and under free. www.saudervillage.org.
• Darke County Parks presents a talk by Marne Titchenell, “Bats: What You Didn’t Learn Watching Batman,” at 8 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Free.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, presents Living History Day from 1 to 4 p.m. Pioneer demonstrations, war re-enactors, Native American exhibits, children’s activities. Presentation of “Unmentionables” by Luann Everett at 2 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• The Johnston Farm, 9845 N. Hardin Road, Piqua, presents History Alive at the Johnston Farm from noon to 5 p.m., today and Sunday. Museum exhibits, canal boat rides at 12:30, 2:30 and 4 p.m., house tours at 12:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m., early settlement encampments, program about Abraham Ribinson Johnston at 1:30 p.m. Admission: $9 adults, $8 seniors, military, AAA members; $4 children 6-12; children 5 and under free. 937-773-2522.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, presents “Lily Martin Spencer, Artist” performed by the Echoes in Time Theatre at 1 p.m. today, July 16, 23, 30. Admission: $10 adults, $9 seniors, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free. 614-297-2300.
• Columbus Black Theatre Festival runs today and Sunday in the Columbus Performing Arts Center, 549 Franklin Ave., Columbus. “Broken,” 1 p.m. today; “RFK: Journey to Justice,” 3 p.m. today; “G-H-E-T-T-Oh No She Didn’t,” 5 p.m. today; “Womyn with Wings,” 7 p.m. today; “Risperdal Hall,” 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday; “inked,” 4 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $30 and under at www.eventbrite.com. 614-302-6681.
• Westerville Music and Arts Festival runs today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Heritage Park, 60 N. Cleveland Ave., Westerville. Entertainment, art, vendors, food. Admission: $1 adults, children 16 and under free. westervillechamber.com/musicartsfestival.
• Wassenberg Art Center, 214 S. Washington St., Van Wert, hosts a food truck rally from 4 to 10 p.m.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents Oni, the Greasy Gorilla, a painter known for pinstripe designs on cars and purses, from 1 to 4 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $8 seniors and children 6 and older; children 5 and under and members, free. 614-221-4848.
• Capitol Theatre, 1390 W. 65th St., Cleveland, hosts the premier of “Restoration,” a horror film by Zack Ward, actor in “A Christmas Story,” at 4 and 7 p.m. Ward will attend. Tickets: $15 at www.skulltimategear.com.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, hosts a Family Adventure Tour through the museum at 2 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $8 seniors and children 6 and older; children 5 and under and members, free. 614-221-4848.
• Southwestern Auglaize Summer Concert Series presents Memphis Flash, an Elvis impersonator, at 6:30 p.m. in Minster Machine Centennial Park. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades 6-12 to register for Wednesday with Wildlife, scheduled for Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon with science projects, research, art, snorkeling; and for children in grades K-5 to register for Summer Night of Discovery scheduled for July 15 from 7 to 10 p.m. with a night hike at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $20 members, $25 nonmembers for Wednesday; $10 members, $15 nonmembers for Discovery at 937-698-6493.
• New Knoxville Library presents the Armstrong Museum program, “Fitness of a Spacecraft Lesson,” at 1 p.m.
• Sidney-Shelby County YMCA, 300 E. Parkwood St., offers American Girls and Star Wars, a day camp for children 3-6; Star Wars, a gymnastics camp for boys 6 and older; and American Girl-Lea, a progressive gymnastics/acrobatics camp for children 6 and older, each from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through July 14. Fee: $70 members, $90 nonmembers. 492-9134.
• Stallo Memorial Library hosts storytime for all ages in Paris Street Park in Minster at 10 a.m.
• New Bremen Public Library presents Game Day Fun for children in grades K-6 at 1 p.m. and hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration for game day at 419-629-2158.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Sawgrass in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Auglaize County YMCA presents Kettlebells, a fitness class, at 11:30 a.m. in the New Bremen Public Library. Free. 419-629-2158.
• The Wapakoneta Summer Moon Festival runs in downtown Wapakoneta today through July 17. Entertainment, car show, wine bistro, kid zone, teen hangout, canoe races, beer stein-holding contest. Free.
• New Knoxville Library presents a summer reading program Crafternoon for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library presents TeamZOOM, dogs performing tricks and catching Frisbees, at 6:30 p.m. in Four Seasons Park, Minster. Free. 419-628-2925.
• Today is the deadline to register for a stream quality workshop with Rod King, scheduled for July 16 from 1 to 4 p.m., at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Fee: $2.50 nonmembers, free for members. Register at 937-698-6493.
• Wright State Physicians Family Medicine persents an educational session about self-control by Dr. Paul Hershberger, in the Wright State Physicians Helath Center, 725 University Boulevard, Fairborn, at 7 p.m. Advance registrtion required at http://bit.ly/28Q0VMw or email [email protected] or call 937-245-7213.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Minute to Win It for school-age children at 1 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Trivia Time for children in grades K-6 at noon. Advance registration for trivia time at 419-629-2158.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents a Bastille Day tour in French at 2 p.m. Advance registration required. Admission: $14 adults, $8 seniors and children 6 and older; children 5 and under and members, free. 614-629-0359.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Daffy Duck’s Quack Busters” at 10 a.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $3 at 888-228-3630.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]