• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Exhibit and tour are free.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Wizard of Oz” through Aug. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 adults; $30 children 11 and under. 800-677-9505.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Gateway Arts Council, 216 N. Miami Ave., presents a Lego exhibit, “It’s All about That Brick,” through Friday. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 498-2787.
• The Wapakoneta Summer Moon Festival runs in downtown Wapakoneta today from 2 to 8 p.m., Friday from noon to 8 p.m., Saturday from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Entertainment, car show, wine bistro, kid zone, teen hangout, canoe races, beer stein-holding contest. Free. www.summermoonfestival.com.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents a walking tour of historic downtown Sidney churches at 7 and 7:30 p.m., beginning at the Ross Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Tickets: $10 members, $15 nonmembers at 498-1653.
• Miami Valley Steam Threshers Association presents the 67th annual Steam Threshers Festival in Pastime Park, 344 N. Chillicothe St., Plain City today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Children’s activities, exhibits, contests, demonstrations, entertainment. Admission: $5. www.miamivalleysteamshow.org.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum presents a talk, “Doctors of Dayton,” by Angie Hoschouer, at the Northmont Public Library, 333 W. National Road, Englewood, at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., screens “Shaun of the Dead” at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $3. 498-1921.
• IUTIS Club hosts its annual ice cream social at Harmon Field, 870 St. Marys Ave., from 6 to 9 p.m. Food, games, children’s activities, dunk tank.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, hosts a reception from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. to open its exhibit of woven coverlets, “Covering the Past.” The exhibit runs through Aug. 28. Admission is free. 937-339-0457.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Dunham Tavern & Museum, 6709 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, hosts the Agumboot Music Festival today from 4 p.m. to midnight. Three outdoor stages. Tickets: $10-$15.
• German Village presents Art Crawl at the German Village Society Meeting Haus, 588 S. 3rd St., Columbus from 5 to 9 p.m. 614-221-8888.
• Sidney Civic Band performs its summer finale concert at 7 p.m. on the courtsquare. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center presents Seventh Street in concert on Prouty Plaza in downtown Troy at 7 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “The Wizard of Oz” today and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $6. 888-228-3630.
• PNC Pavilion, 6295 Kellogg Ave., Cincinnati, presents Joe Walsh in concert at 8 p.m. Tickets: $36-$86 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts a night hike at 9 p.m. and a public star gaze at 10 p.m. Free. 937-698-6493.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, presents “Newton in Space” commemorating the moon landing of July 30, 1971, form 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents C. Wright’s Parlor Tricks in concert at 10 p.m. and screens “This Is Spinal Tap” in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton, at 10:30 p.m. Free popcorn. Cash bar. Costume contest. Tickets: $6 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Darke County Parks hosts Birding by Kayak, a paddling expedition for experienced paddlers, at 9 a.m. at the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville, and presents a talk about the Greenville Treaty at 1 p.m. in the Anthony Wayne Peace Council House in Prairie Ridge Meadow Park, 104 N. Broadway, Greenville. Enter through east door. $10 fee for kayak event and advance registration required; Peace Council admission free. 937-548-0165.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, presents Explore the Crafts, hands-on opportunities in pottery, drawing, weaving, broom making, tinsmithing, printing from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Glass blowing for an additional charge of $45 today and Sunday. Advance registration for glass blowing at 800-590-9755. Admission: $16 adults, $10 children 6-16. www.saudervillage.org.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, opens an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, presents “Lily Martin Spencer, Artist” performed by the Echoes in Time Theatre at 1 p.m. today, July 23, 30. Admission: $10 adults, $9 seniors, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free. 614-297-2300.
• Sidney American Legion, 1265 Fourth Ave., hosts a chicken or fish dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Also, drawings and raffles. Meals: $6.50.
• Art Affair on the Square runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in downtown Urbana. Entertainment, crafts, vendors, activities. Free.
• Voice of America MetroPark, 7850 Voice of America Park Drive, West Chester, hosts the Crazy Cardboard Boat Regatta from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Teams race full-size boats made of cardboard. Free.
• National Depression Glass Association prsents its 42nd annual glass show and sale today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Heminger Center, Tiffin University, 350 Miami St., Tiffin. Admission: $8. www.ndga.net.
• Downtown Sidney presents the third annual BBQfest on the courtsquare from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Music and barbecue. 492-9122.
• The Kettlersville-Van Buren Township Volunteer Fire Department presents its 47th annual Firemen’s Picnic at the fire department, North Street, Kettlersville, from 3 p.m. to midnight. Food, children’s games, cake wheel, silent auction, raffles, exhibits.
• Rock Piqua presents Kate Hastings in concert with Reflektion at 7 p.m. in Lock 9 Park, Water and Spring streets, Piqua. Free.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Boulevard, Huber Heights, presents Joe Walsh in concert at 7 p.m. Tickets: $23.50-$77 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, hosts View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Southwestern Auglaize County Summer Concert Series presents Walt Schmitmeyer and the Moonlighters in concert at 6:30 p.m., in the Crown Pavilion in New Bremen. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Westerville Garden Club presents the 25th annual WesterFlora Garden Tour from 1 to 7 p.m. Gardens, music, poetry, art. Begin tour at 696 Winmar Place East, Westerville. Free. www.westerflora.com.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades 6-12 to register for Wednesday with Wildlife, scheduled for Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon at Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy. Science projects, research, art, snorkeling. Fee: $20 members, $25 nonmembers at 937-698-6493.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, opens an exhibit of paster sculpture by Stefan Chinov and oil paintings by Jeremy Long, which runs through Aug. 19. Free reception July 21, 6-8 p.m. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts Bingo Bash for all ages at 3 p.m. 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Hodge Podge Craft Day for chldren in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Sidney-Shelby County YMCA, 300 Parkwood St., offers summer day camp today through July 22 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee: $125 members, $148 nonmembers; Trampoline, Bars and Beam camp, “Shopkins,” for children 5 and older today through July 21 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee: $70 members, $90 nonmembers; and Rhythmic Gymnastics camp, “Jungle Book,” for children 6 and older, today through July 21, from noon to 4 p.m. Fee: $50 members, $70 nonmembers. 492-9134.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Blvd., Huber Heights, presents Old Crow Medicine Show and Brandi Carlile Revue at 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $36.50-$43.50 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Stallo Memorial Library hosts storytime for all ages in Paris Street Park in Minster at 10 a.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Mark Kroos in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• New Knoxville Library presents a summer reading program Crafternoon for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts a book discussion group at 2 p.m.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents a talk by Sara Hume, “Fashion and the Great War,” at 2 p.m. Tickets: $5 members, $20 nonmembers. Advance registration required at 614-629-0359.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Minute to Win It for school-age children at 1 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Trivia Time for children in grades K-6 at noon. Advance registration for trivia time at 419-629-2158.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “An American Tale” at 10 a.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $3. 888-228-3630.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]