• Darke County Parks presents a talk, “Firefly Fireworks,” at 8:30 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Exhibit and tour are free.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, through Aug. 14. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Wizard of Oz” through Aug. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 adults; $30 children 11 and under. 800-677-9505.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents an exhibit of woven coverlets, “Covering the Past,” through Aug. 28. Admission is free. 937-339-0457.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free. 937-223-4278.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, opens an exhibit of plaster sculpture by Stefan Chinov and oil paintings by Jeremy Long with a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Exhibit runs through Aug. 19, Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Westerville Visitors & Convention Bureau presents Mount Carmel St. Ann’s 4th Friday: World Bazaar in downtown Westerville from 6 to 9 p.m. Entertainment and food. www.visitwesterville.org.
• Columbus Recreation & Parks Department presents the Jazz and Rib Fest in downtown Columbus, today and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Entertainment, food, sports activities. www.hotribscooljazz.org.
The Celina Lake Festival runs today from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday from 7:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Lakeshore Park, Main Street and Lake Shore Drive, Celina. car show, fireworks, boat poker run, crafts, 5K, sidewalk sales, parade at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. www.lakefestival.com.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center presents Brass Tracks in concert on Prouty Plaza on the square in downtown Troy at 7:30 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster screens a family-friendly movie in Four Season Park at 8:30 p.m. Children are encouraged to create “cars” from boxes to sit in at the “drive-in.” Adults should take lawn chairs. Free. 419-628-2925.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Art of Cuisine: Picasso’s Table,” a tasting menu dinner party with cash bar. Tickets: $95 members, $100 nonmembers. Advance reservations required at 614-629-0328.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Mary Poppins” today and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $6. 888-228-3630.
• The 95th annual New Bremen Fire Department Firemen’s Picnic runs from noon to midnight in the Crown Pavilion in New Bremen. Food, beer, games, contests, entertainment, 5k, auction, raffle. Free.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wight-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, opens “MathAlive!,” an inteactive exhibit of video games, sports, design, music, entertainment, space and robotics, which continues through Oct. 2. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. Free.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, presents a talk by Bill Quatman, “A Young General andthe Fall of Richmond,” at 2 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• Darke County Parks presents a Junior Naturalist program, “Nature’s Mysterious Number,” for children in grades 3-6, at 9:30 a.m. in teh Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Ohio History Center, 800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, presents “Lily Martin Spencer, Artist” performed by the Echoes in Time Theatre at 1 p.m. today and July 30. Admission: $10 adults, $9 seniors, $5 children 6-12, children 5 and under free. 614-297-2300.
• The Antique and Classic Car Club of Butler County presents the 62nd annual Moore Memorial Antique and Classic Car Parade at 2:30 p.m. in downtown Hamilton. www.antiquecars.org.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Blvd., Huber Heights, presents Bryan Adams in concert at 7 p.m. Tickets: $23.50-$77 plus fees at www.ticketmast.com.
• The Air Force Museum Foundation Inc. screens “Star Wars Episode 7” at 4 p.m. in the Air Force Meseum Theatre, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn. Tickets: $5. 937-656-4629.
• The Shelby County Fair opens at the fairgrounds, 655 S. Highland Ave., and runs through July 30. Exhibits, contests, rides, entertainment, horse racing, vendors, demolition derby, food. Full schedule at www.shelbycountyfair.com. Admission: $9 for people 3 feet tall and taller.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents a family adventure tour at 2 p.m. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, presents a Wild Journey’s talk by Becky Crow, “Iditarod — The Last Great Race on Earth,” at 7 p.m. Tickets: $5 nonmembers, members free; and today is the deadline for children in grades 6-12 to register for Wednesday with Wildlife, scheduled for Wednesday from 9 a.m. to noon. Science projects, research, art, snorkeling. Fee: $20 members, $25 nonmembers at 937-698-6493.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster screens a movie during Kids Movie Day for children in kindergarten and older at 10:30 a.m. 419-628-2925.
• Sidney-Shelby County YMCA, 300 E. Parkwood St., hosts a gymnastics camp, “Kung Fu Panda,” for boys 6 and older, and a progressive gynastics/acrobatic camp for children 6 and older, “Kung Fu Panda,” and a preschool camp for children 3-6, “Kung Fu Panda,” today through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee: $70 members, $90 nonmembers. 492-9134.
• Stallo Memorial Library hosts storytime for all ages in Paris Street Park in Minster at 10 a.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents the Rachel Brown Duo in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Catholic Rural Life Conference of the St. Marys and Sidney Deaneries presents the 2016 Rural-Urban Mass at 7 p.m. at the Vian Farm, 7390 state Route 118, Celina. Take lawn chairs.
• New Knoxville Library presents a summer reading program Crafternoon for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• The Ohio State Fair opens today and runs through Aug. 7 at the Ohio Expo Centr and state fairgrounds in Columbus. Daily 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Exhibits, entertainment, contests, food, rides. Admission: $10 adults; $8 seniors 60 and older and children 5-13; children under 5, free. Ride bands, $25; parking, $5. www.ohiostatefair.com.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents a talk, “The History of the Great War,” by Mark Gingerich, at 2 p.m. Tickets: $5 members, $20 nonmembers at 614-629-0359 and columbusmuseum.org.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Muppets from Space” at 10 a.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $3. 888-228-3630.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]