LIMA — Five area students have been awarded the Henry J. Hawk Sr. Scholarship sponsored by American Trim LLC. Each student, who has a parent employed by American Trim, received a $1,000 scholarship.
Recipients of the scholarship and their parents’s name who works at American Trim, include:
• Jacob Watren, of Versailles is the son of Matt Watren. He is majoring in engineering at the University of Cincinnati. While in high school, he was active in Varsity V., the golf, baseball and academic teams.
• Nicholas Shoemaker, of Sidney, is the son of Brenda Ganger. He is majoring in electrical engineering at Wright State University. While in high school, he was active in the band, FFA, National Honor Society and was a member of the golf and basketball teams.
• Troy Riley, of Sidney, is the son of Kevin Riley. He is majoring in mechanical engineering at Edison Community College. While in high school, he was a member of the cross country, tack and field, basketball and soccer teams and Spanish Circle.
• Dakota Bollinger, of Quincy, is the son of Robert Bollinger. He is majoring in sports management at Ohio Wesleyan University. While in high school he was a member of the baseball and basketball teams, national Honor Society, BPA and was a teacher’s aide.
• Brandi Johnson, of Sidney, is the daughter of Lorrain Johnson. She is majoring in early childhood education at Wright State University. While in high school she was involved with Big Brothers/Big Sisters and DECA and was a member of the track and field team.
American trim is a privately-owned manufacturing company headquartered in Lima, Ohio. American Trim has 10 facilities located in the United States. A diversified decorative metal forming company, American Trim has a 50-plus year history supplying the appliance, transportation, architectural, sports and leisure industries with components and assemblies.
All phases of the scholarship competition are independently managed by Scholarship Managers, which is a national scholarship service organization with experience in the design and management of scholarship programs.