SIDNEY — The Fairlawn Board of Education held a special meeting on Friday morning for the purpose of hiring personnel, including the new K-8 principal.
The board awarded a two-year administrative contract to John Stekli at $87,000 effective Aug. 1, 2016.
They also approved a transition contract for him at $334.62 per diem not to exceed 15 days.
The board also awarded:
• A one-year, limited contract to Mira Stratton as Instructional Aide at $9.53 per hour.
• A one-year, limited contract to Stevie Smith as Instructional Aide at $9.53 per hour.
• A continuing contract to Shelly Mann as Instructional Aide beginning with the 2016-2017 school year at $11.25 per hour.
• A one-year, teaching contract to Luciano Tacuri with his salary per the Fairlawn Negotiated Agreement. They also award him a one-year, limited service contract as assistant soccer coach at $1,645.20.
• A one-year, limited service contract to Gavin Cathcart as Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach at $4,606.56.
• A one-year, limited service contract to Billy Shoffner as Girls’ Varsity Assistant Basketball Coach (amended from JV Girls’ Basketball Coach) at $2,632.32.
• A one-year, limited service contract to Michael Henman as 8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Coach with no pay.
• A one-year, limited contract to Karen McRill as Guidance Counselor for the 2016-2017 school year effective Aug. 1, 2016, with her salary per the Fairlawn Negotiated Agreement. They also awarded her a one-year, limited contract as Special Education Liaison at $5,000 effective Aug. 1, 2016.
In other business the board amend the administrative contract of Rebekka Egbert, Principal 9-12, to increase her salary to $75,000. They also employed Patricia Smith and Amy Jones as a substitute aides for the 2016-2017 school year
They also accepted the resignations of:
• Craig Knouff as teacher effective July 1, 2016, as submitted.
• Kelty Inman as guidance counselor effective July 1, 2016, as submitted.
• Tracy Mumaw as secretary and EMIS Coordinator effective Aug. 1, 2016, as submitted.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held on Thursday, July 14, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 122 at Fairlawn Local Schools.