SIDNEY — Contracts for staff members were approved during Thursday evening’s Fairlawn Local Schools Board of Education meeting.
The board amended the contract of Athletic Director Justin Tidwell to a 260-day contract. He will be paid $30,00 per year.
Gretchen Hageman’s contract was amended to an 11-month secretary effective Aug. 1. She will be paid at the rate on the classified salary schedule in effect. Hageman, who is currently a tech aide with the district, will be the new guidance secretary.
The board hired Debra Parker as a tech aide, replacing Hageman. She will be paid $14.96 per hour and was given a one-year limited contract.
The board also amended the 2016-17 classified salary schedule for aides and cafeteria staff. The starting salary will now be $10 per hour.
Treasurer Keith Doseck reviewed the 5-year forecast for the district, focusing on 2017. He said foundation monies from the state will increase as it’s the second year of the state budget. He said open enrollment will affect the district as there are 20 less students moving into the district, while seven or eight are open enrolling out.
Salaries, he said, are going up because of the 2 1/1 percent raise with the step increase. The district will see a 20 percent increase on insurance premiums. Doseck said more employees are joining the district’s insurance plan.
In other business, the board:
• Learned the Ohio Highway Patrol will be at the school next week to inspect buses.
• Adopted the game manager policy.
• Discussed the gym/field usage board policy. More discussion will be held at the August meeting.
• Accepted a $100 donation from board member Mike Henman for the Fairlawn Board Scholarship.
• Approved school fees for the 2016-17 school year.
• Moved the August meeting from Aug. 11 to Aug. 3 at 6 p.m.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4822; follow her on Twitter @MelSpeicherSDN. Follow the SDN on Facebook, www.facebook.com/SidneyDailyNews.