FORT LORAMIE — The Fort Loramie Local Schools Board of Education approved the hiring of employees, set fees and pay schedules and accepted donations during its regular meeting, July 18.
The board approved the following fees: driver education, $345; facility rental of the elementary or junior high gymnasium, $25 per hour; of the elementary cafeteria, classrooms or stage or the junior/senior high school cafeteria or classrooms, $15 per hour; of the senior high school gymnasium, $45 per hour; of the junior/senior high school chorus or band room, $20 per hour.
The board hired the following people for the 2016-2017 school year: Evanne Shellabarger, sixth grade science and language arts teacher and safety patrol adviser; Mary Hilgefort, van driver; Robert Hoying, bus driver; Phillip Barhorst, Kevin J. Geise, David J. Goldschmidt, Ryan Goldschmidt, Daniel B. Holland, Brenda A. Hoying, Susan A. Kaufman, Jenny Knouff, Kirk M. Motter, Jordan Pleiman, Matt J. Pleiman, Robert E. Reed, Scott D. Rodeheffr, Jeffrey Schulze, Bradley A. Turner, John C. Turner and Kevin Wrasman as substitute van and bus drivers; Jodi Wenning as junior high football and basketball cheer adviser; Brandon Phlipot as junior high football coach.
The board accepted the resignation of Thomas Wisener as freshman boys basketball coach, hired him as part-time assistant athletic director and approved him as a volunteer basketball coach.
The board set the following pay rates for substitutes during the 2016-2017 school year: classroom teacher, $80 per day; non-route bus driver, $12.90 per hour; field trip driver, $11.30 per hour; special route driver, $8.45 per hour; cafeteria worker, $10 per hour; custodian, $11.50 per hour; secretary, $10.50 per hour; monitor, $9 per hour; teacher aide, $9.75 per hour; on-route bus driver, $20 per hour; weight room monitor, $8.75 per hour.
The board accepted an anonymous donations of $500 to support track maintenance and $2,076.28 to support the Drama Club, $200 from American Legion Post 355 to support the band, $250 and $145.30 from the board of education to support the scholarship fund and discretionary incentive, respectively, and $3,300 from the Fort Loramie Athletic Boosters to support volleyball.
In other action, the board:
• Approved the certified master agreement with the Fort Loramie Education Association to be in effect from Aug. 16, 2016 to Aug. 19, 2019.
• Approved bids by Nickles Bakery Inc. for bakery items and from Reinhard Dairy for dairy items for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved free and reduced-price lunch policies.
• Approved an agreement with the Russia Local Schools Board of Education to provide drivers education services to Russia students at the rate of $395 per student.
• Approved the contract with Midwest Regional Education Service Center for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved the purchase of a Cisco 5508 wireless controller.
• Approved Lauren and Thomas Birkmeyer as tuition students for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Approved changing the start time of the Aug. 15 Board of Education meeting to 8 p.m.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.