HOUSTON — During the Hardin-Houston Board of Education meeting Monday, the board accepted several donations.
The board voted to accepted the following donations:
• $347.82 from Lockington United Methodist Church for athletics
• $245 from Louis Mertz Sr Memorial for the FFA greenhouse
• $20 from Louis Mertz Sr Memorial for the library
• $2,500 from Edison Community College for the scoreboard project
• $2,500 from Andrews-Clark Insurance Agency for the scoreboard project
The board also approved school lunch prices:
• Grades K-6, $2
• Grades 7-12, $2.15
• Breakfast, $1.25
• Reduced, 40 cents
• Staff, $2.50
The board approved several contracts with outside agencies for services, including the Sidney Shelby County Board of Health for health services, the Midwest Regional ESC for gifted intervention specialist and ED transportation aide, the Western Ohio Computer Organization for EMIS Coordinator Services, and the Southwestern Ohio Educational Purchasing Council to advertise and receive bids for Bus Purchases.
The board employed the following:
• Kayla Kemp as the 8th grade volleyball coach
• Janis Ryan and Bill Cathcart as cafeteria cooks
• Jackie Selover and Michelle Garber as breakfast cashiers
• Andrea Kittel as title I Teacher and coordinator
• Samantha Sharp as a substitute custodian to help with summer technology placement
They also approved additional pay outside of contract time for John Willoughby and Craig Knouff.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 15, at 7 p.m. in the media center.