HOUSTON — At Monday night’s meeting of the Hardin-Houston Board of Education, the board allocated money for several large projects, as well as accepted two large donations.
The board approved professional design services agreements between the school and Freytag and Associates, Inc., for the baseball field improvement study, and the new athletic facility building. The baseball field study is not to exceed $5,00 and the athletic facility is not to exceed $49,500.
The board also approved the resurfacing of the all-weather track by Heiberger Paving, Inc. in the amount of $68,732.
Anonymous donations of $750 for the boys basketball program, and $2,500 for the concession stand project were accepted.
The board also authorized the treasurer to transfer $300,000 from the general fund to the permanent improvement fund.
In other business the board accepted the resignations of Jacob Monnier as JV boys basketball coach and Zach Barlage as freshman boys basketball coach.
The board employed the following people on supplemental contracts for the 2016-17 school year:
• Brad Allen, varsity boys baseball, $3,824.31
• Jeffrey Hillard, varsity assistant boys baseball, $1,593.46
• Jamie Riffell, junior varsity boys baseball, $1,593.46
• Zach Barlage, junior varsity basketball, $2,549.54
• Matt Beaver, freshman basketball, $1,529.73
• Matt Beaver, elementary boys basketball, $382.43
• Ron Boeke, varsity boys track, $4,780.39
• Bill Mckinney, varsity assistant boys track, $2,390.19
• Ron Boeke, co-ed indoor track, $1,434.12
• Seth Clark, junior high boys track, $1,274.77
• Brent New, high school girls softball, $4,780.39
• Tammy Vondenhuevel, assistant softball, $2,390.19
• Sharon Roeth, varsity girls track, $3,824.31
• Glenn Brown, varsity assistant girls track, $1,593.46
• Jack Earl, junior high girls track, $637.39
• Lisa Earl, junior high girls track, $637.39
• Ryan Maier, elementary girls basketball, $478.04
The board also employed Briana Schaffner-Henschen and Elizabeth Schaffner as substitute custodians.
The next regular board meeting is scheduled for Monday, Dec. 19, 2016, at 7 p.m. in the Media Center.