Ex-Boston Bruins star due in court on drunken driving charge


LAWRENCE, Mass. (AP) — Former Boston Bruins star Ray Bourque (bork) is expected to appear in a Massachusetts court to try to resolve a drunken driving charge.

A spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett confirmed that the office has been advised that Bourque will be in Lawrence District Court on Wednesday to try to resolve the case.

Bourque pleaded not guilty last week to operating under the influence of alcohol after his Mercedes-Benz rear-ended a minivan in Andover on June 24. No one was hurt.

Police said Bourque had a blood-alcohol level of 0.249, three times the state’s legal limit to drive.

Bourque said in a statement last week: “I am not happy about the situation I put myself into.”

Bourque helped the Colorado Avalanche win a Stanley Cup in 2001, then retired.

comments powered by Disqus