Mom: Boy, 4, on phone thinks dad who overdosed was sleeping


CLEVELAND (AP) — Police in Cleveland say a 4-year-old found his father dead of a suspected overdose.

His mother says the boy told her over the phone that he thought his dad was sleeping.

Nicole Shank says she knew immediately something was wrong with her ex-husband and called 911. Paramedics found 30-year-old Michael Dunaway dead inside his home Tuesday afternoon.

Cleveland police say they were at the home two days earlier for an overdose and were able to revive Dunaway.

The boy’s mother tells WOIO-TV that she didn’t know about the first overdose.

Shank says her former husband was a good father and that she thought he had overcome his addiction.

comments powered by Disqus