Monday to Friday forecast
Hardin-Houston celebrates opening of greenhouse
Inquiring PhotographerWhat do you do to stay warm?
SEARCHING for adventure
Clancy’s marks 50 years
- Leadership conference set for farm and food community - 10:03 am
- Jordan named Friend of Farm Bureau - 10:01 am updated: 10:01 am.
- Open house set for Nov. 4-5 - 9:58 am
- Free deer field dressing workshop set - 9:56 am
- Apply now for Environmental Quality Incentives Program - 9:53 am
- Fairlawn Fall Festival set for Oct. 28 - 9:21 am
- Bringing in the harvest - 8:20 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Hardin-Houston celebrates opening of greenhouse - 10:05 pm
- Third forum held on future city plan - 9:27 pm
- Edison offers police training - 4:16 pm
- NK BOE interviews potential treasurers - 3:54 pm
- Curlis named Teen of Month - 3:47 pm
- Ohio workers’ comp rates improve - 3:45 pm
- Bob Evans plans free meals for vets - 3:42 pm
- On the agendas - 3:38 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Priest fund seeks donors - 3:35 pm
- County record - 3:34 pm
- Premier Health garners awards - 3:31 pm
- Family and Friends Day set - 2:54 pm
- Minster Civic Association to meet Wednesday - 2:41 pm
- Inquiring PhotographerWhat do you do to stay warm? - 2:36 pm
- City record - 2:32 pm
- SEARCHING for adventure - 2:20 pm
- Ohio lottery - 1:10 pm
- Upcoming bridge repair project - 11:40 am
- Golden Fresh Farms to hold job fair - 11:12 am
- Saturday to Wednesday forecast - 10:48 am
- Fairlawn to plan for financial challenges, purchases property, changes graduation - 9:38 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Clancy’s marks 50 years - 9:08 pm
- Trick-or-treat schedules announced - 8:17 pm
- County record - 3:29 pm
- City record - 3:04 pm
- CORE bus vandalized again - 2:45 pm
- Edison Foundation gives funds - 2:30 pm
- JC Players present “A Family Reunion to Die For” this weekend - 2:21 pm
- Debate party - 1:53 pm
- District begins work to improve report card grades - 1:48 pm
- Lottery - 1:17 pm
- Hardin-Houston board accepts donations - 11:45 am
- Miss Ohio visits Russia school to talk about bullying - 11:19 am
- Jackson Center board votes to acquire land - 11:03 am
- 1 kiled in 2-vehicle crash - 9:09 am updated: 10:18 am.
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Why does Sidney City Schools need a PI levy? - 8:02 pm
- Familiar foes Garrett, Jordan battle for 4th District in U.S. House - 5:34 pm
- County record - 3:49 pm
- Recreation board considers leash ordinance - 3:43 pm
- Mystery dinner theatre comes back to Fairlawn - 3:26 pm
Third forum held on future city plan
SIDNEY — Changes to Sidney’s downtown, neighborhoods and travel connectivity were the major themes presented to interested citizens and pu...
Edison offers police training
PIQUA — The Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy at Edison State Community College is now accepting applications for the 21-week program that wil...
NK BOE interviews potential treasurers
NEW KNOXVILLE — The New Knoxville Local Schools Board of Education met in special session, Oct. 12.The board approved the agenda and then went i...
Curlis named Teen of Month
SIDNEY — The Sidney Noon Kiwanis Club has named James “Jay” Curlis its September 2016 Teen of the Month.Curlis is a senior at Christ...
Ohio workers’ comp rates improve
COLUMBUS — Ohio continues to ascend the rankings of a biennial study that compares national workers’ compensation rates.The state’s ...
Bob Evans plans free meals for vets
NEW ALBANY — Veterans and active duty military personnel have a free Veterans Day meal coming their way, thanks to Bob Evans Restaurants.This ye...
Staff reportIt wasn’t in a winning effort, but Sidney junior running back Isaiah Bowser stole the show Friday night in a 52-28 loss to Vandalia ...
ARCANUM — The Lehman Lady Cavaliers cruised into an Arcanum Division IV sectional final with a 25-10, 25-11, 25-14 win over Legacy Christian of ...
Minster, Bremen spikers advance
Staff reportNEW BREMEN — Paige Jones pounded out 26 more kills to lead the New Bremen Lady Cardinals over Crestview 3-0 in Division 4 volleyball...
Koewler to return as Legion coach
By Ken [email protected] Koewler proved to be a man of his word.After one of the best Sidney Post 217 American Legion baseball ...
JC soccer game suspended
Staff reportBROOKVILLE — Rain and lightning forced the suspension of the Division 3 boys sectional tournament soccer semifinal game between Jack...
Redskin Motorsports Racing Team captures series championship
FORT LORAMIE — For the third time in the last six years, the local Redskin Motorsports Racing Team of Fort Loramie has brought home the champion...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Cargill subject for Rotary Club
SIDNEY — The Sidney Rotary Club heard about Cargill from Site Leader Mickey Hamer during their Oct. 17 meeting.Hamer has been in the food proces...
Gardeners talk birds
SIDNEY — Julie Gilardi provided tips for gardeners who love birds during the October meeting of the Rainbow Gardeners club.“Start with sto...
Jordan to speak at Liberty town hall
SIDNEY — The Shelby County Liberty Group will host a town hall meeting featuring Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, 4th District, Oct. 26, at 6:30 p.m. in...
Joint Township hospital news
JTDMH to host uniform and scrub saleJTDMH Auxiliary is hosting a Uniforms and More Scrub and accessory sale on Thursday, Oct. 27 in the Hospital confe...
Bicycle give-away at bazaar
SIDNEY — The Senior Center of Sidney and Shelby County has announced that it will raffle a bicycle during its annual Senior Center Hiloiday Baza...
Let yourself go
TODAY• Dayton Ballet presents “Dracula:Bloodlines,” today at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m., and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the V...
Vote for Donald Trump
To the editor:Either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will determine the makeup of the Supreme Court for the next generation or two.Mr. Trump wants jud...
An urge for Rep. Jordan to oppose legislation
To the editor:Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH4) asserts, “There now appears to be two standards in America: one for we, the people, and then a different s...
To the editor:This is a critical election for our country. The Republican platform is: pro life, pro marriage, pro Second Amendment, pro law and order...
Strickland for Senate
To the editor:Trump Voters should pick Strickland for SenateIt isn’t a secret: Democrats aren’t popular here. Romney won Shelby County by ...
Bridges to …
I recently was assigned the task of making a presentation to a community group with a general topic of the Great Miami River and Sidney, Ohio.As I tho...
Yoders move to new house
Falling leaves are signaling the arrival of autumn and with it the slowing down of busy summer schedules. A major project has been crossed off our lis...
Golden Fresh Farms to hold job fair
WAPAKONETA — Golden Fresh Farms in Wapakoneta will be hosting a local job fair on Friday, Oct, 28, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 29...
Schoenstatt’s crowning celebration held
MCCARTYVILLE — Catholics throughout North and South America will be celebrating the Schoenstatt crowning.The Apostolic movement of Schoenstatt i...
Tips to avoind moving scams
Moving can be a stressful time in your life. Moving to a new home, starting a new job or simply worrying about whether your items will be damaged or e...
Thermoseal marks Mfg. Day
SIDNEY — Thermoseal Inc. celebrated National Manufacturing Day with local representatives, Oct. 11.Sidney Mayor Mike Barhorst presented a procla...
DeWine tackles cyber security
COLUMBUS — Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine has announced the launch of CyberOhio, a collection of cybersecurity initiatives aimed at helping O...
Vectren extends hours, lists help lines
DAYTON — In preparation for the upcoming heating season, Vectren Energy Delivery (Vectren) is extending its call center support hours for the mo...