• WACO Air Museum, 1865 S. County Road 25A, Troy, presents a talk by Russell Klingaman, “Wrights vs. Curtiss: The Patent Wars,” at 7 p.m. Free. 937-335-9226.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, continues HWD (Height x Width x Depth), an exhibit of sculpture, which runs through Oct. 7. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Museum admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free; www.daytonartinstitute.org.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Free.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Greater Columbus: The 2016 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibition” through Nov. 6; “Lucy Raven: Low Relief” through Nov. 27; “Dogs” through 2017; “Glass Magic” through 2018; “Graphic Novelist Residency Exhibition: Ronald Wimberly” and ““Aminah’s Presidential Suite.” Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. 614-629-0359. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wight-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, runs “MathAlive!,” an inteactive exhibit of video games, sports, design, music, entertainment, space and robotics, through Sunday. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily. Free.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Million Dollar Quartet” through Oct. 29. Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.; Saturdays at 5 p.m. Tickets: $59-$75, includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Pendleton Art Center, 1105 Central Ave., Middletown, hosts an exhibit, “Images of Cuba,” paintings by Cuban artists, through Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. 513-241-4010, ext. 1021.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “A Prayer for Owen Meany” through Saturday and “Disgraced” through Oct. 23. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Wright State University Theatre presents “Restoration!” today at 7 p.m.; Friday at 8 p.m.; Saturday at 2 and 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m., in the campus theater, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Fairborn. Tickets: $22 adults; $20 seniors and students, at www.wright.edu/tdmp and 937-775-2500.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville.
• The 42nd annual Minster Oktoberfest runs today from 6 p.m. to midnight, Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to midnight, and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Minster Machine Centennial Park, Minster. Food, entertainment, games, contests, car show, pageant, crafts. Free.
• Murphy Theatre, 50 W. Main St., Wilmington, presents Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out in concert at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: 412-$22 at 877-274-3848.
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra presents “The Pelleas Trilogy, Part II: Water,” in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati, today and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $65 adults; $48.75 seniors 62 and older; $15 youth. www.cincinnatisymphony.org.
• Marion Palace Theatre, 276 W. Center St., Marion, presents TJ George in concert at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $15 at 740-383-2101.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents ZAPP and DFunk AllStars in concert at 8 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $25 and up at 888-228-3630.
• Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, presents Fiber Arts Fest today and Saturday. Lecture by Melinda Zongor at 2 p.m. Saturday. saudervillage.org/classes-events/special-events/fiber-arts-fest.
• Rockin’ Road to Dublin performs at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $32.50-$52.50 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, presents 2016 World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., today and Sunday. Vintage car display, war planes, miniature exhibit, guest speakers, flying exhibitions of radio-controlled aircraft, food. Free.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney, featuring Taste of the Market.
• The Johnston Farm and Indian Agency, state Route 66 and Hardin Road, Piqua, hosts Fall Celebration at the Johnston Farm from noon to 5 p.m. Canal boat rides at 1 and 2:3o p.m., hayride at 4 p.m., chidlren’s activities, demonstrations, house tours. Admission: $9 adults, $4 students over 5, children under 5 free. 937-773-2522.
• The Applebutter Festival runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday at 7870 Oxford Trenton Road, Oxford. Demonstrations of applebutter-making. Free. 513-523-8687.
• Bear’s Mill, 6450 Arcanum-Bears Mill Road, Greenville, hosts its Legendary Open House today and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mill tours, entertainment, arts and crafts, food. 937-548-5112.
• Wagner Suburu Midwest Outdoor Experience runs from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., today and Sunday in Eastwood MetroPark, 1385 Harshman Road, Dayton. Outdoor activities, competitions, free camping. 937-275-7275.
• Young’s Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival runs today and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Yount’s Jersey Dairy, 6880 Springfield-Xenia Road, Yellow Springs. Demonstrations, cheese-production tours, corn maze, pumpkin painting. Free. 937-325-0629.
• Grove City Town Center, Broadway in downtown Grove City, presents Oktoberfest form 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Beer, food, entertainment. Tickets: $15 for eight tickets; $30 for 15. Beers and food sold for tickets. grovecitytowncenter.org.
• Niswonger Performing Arts Center, 10700 State Route 118, Van Wert, presents “Happy Days Live” with Anson Wiliams and Donny Most at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $20-$45 at 419-238-6722.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents Too Far North in concert at 3 p.m. Tickets: $20 adults, $15 seniors, $7 students, at the door. 614-629-0312.
• Gomer Congregational Church, 7350 Gomer Road, Gomer, presents the 99th annual Gymanfa Ganu, Welsh music, at 7 p.m. Free.
• Miami County Park District hosts Trailing Moms and Tots for mothers and children up to age 5, from 10 a.m. to noon, in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Tri-Moraine Audubon Society presents a talk by John Mueller, “Alients in the Woods: How Exotic Species Impact Our Forests,” at 7:30 p.m., in the Student Services Center at the Ohio State University Lima Campus, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima. www.tri-moraineaudubon.org.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m., Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. and Lego Robotics Club for children in grades 3-7 and their parents at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration for robotics at 419-628-2925.
• Actors Theatre of Louisville, 316 W. Main St., Louisville, presents “MacBeth” by William Shakespeare through Oct. 23. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$59. 502-584-1205. www.actorstheatre.org.
• Miami County Park District hosts an adult exploration hike from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Garbry Big Wood Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, Piqua. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Bradford Pumpkin Show runs today through Thursday from 4 to 10 p.m., Friday from 1 p.m. to midnight, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight in downtown Bradford. Parades, contests, rides (except Tuesday), games, food, confetti (except Wednesday), pageants, car show, entertainment. Free. www.bradfordpumpkinshow.com.
• Miami Valley Veterans Museum, 107 W. Main St., Troy, presents a talk by Kristy Osting about StoryPoint Senior Living of Troy, at 9 a.m. Free. 937-332-8852.
• New Knoxville Library offers a Perler bead craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Coffee and Craft for adults at 10:30 a.m. Wine cork pumpkins. Advance registration at 419-628-2925.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. adn REader’s Theater for children in grades 4-5 at 3:30 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]