• Riverside Art Center, 3 W. Auglaize St., Wapakoneta, presents the Greater Wapakoneta Community Fall Show art exhibit through Oct. 27. Gallery hours: noon to 4 p.m. daily. Free.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, continues HWD (Height x Width x Depth), an exhibit of sculpture, which runs through Friday. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Museum admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free; www.daytonartinstitute.org.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Free.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Greater Columbus: The 2016 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibition” through Nov. 6; “Lucy Raven: Low Relief” through Nov. 27; “Dogs” through 2017; “Glass Magic” through 2018; “Graphic Novelist Residency Exhibition: Ronald Wimberly” through Feb. 19; and ““Aminah’s Presidential Suite.” Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. 614-629-0359. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Million Dollar Quartet” through Oct. 29. Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.; Saturdays at 5 p.m. Tickets: $59-$75, includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “A Prayer for Owen Meany” through Saturday and “Disgraced” through Oct. 23. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Actors Theatre of Louisville, 316 W. Main St., Louisville, presents “MacBeth” by William Shakespeare through Oct. 23. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$59. 502-584-1205. www.actorstheatre.org.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts a book discussion of “Go Set a Watchman” by Harper Lee at 6 p.m. Free.
• Tipp City Area Arts Council hosts Paint Out Weekend, beginning with a fundraising dinner and demonstration today at 6 p.m., in the Hotel Gallery, 101 E. Main st., Tipp City, and continuing with a plein air painting opporutnity Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check in at Hotel Gallery. Tickets for dinner: $50 nonmembers, $45 members; Paint Out admission free. www.tippcityartscouncil.com/paint-out-weekend.
• Darke County Parks host a canoe and kayak float on Lake Loramie for experienced paddlers. Equipment provided. Meet at Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville, at 11 a.m. Event will end at 5 p.m. Fee: $5. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Take water, lunch and sunglasses on a strap.
• Cara Meyer Scholarship Fund presents Haunted Barn from 7 to 11 p.m. today, Saturday, and Oct. 14-15, at 17405 Southland Road, Botkins. Admission: $5.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, screens “Young Frankenstein” at 7:30 p.m. for people 13 and older. Free. 339-0457.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, opens an exhibit, “The Sun Placed in the Abyss.” Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. 614-629-0359. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Old Time Country Jamboree performs at 7 p.m. in the Spring Creek Christian Church, 63 Wiles Road. Tickets: $3.
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra presents Gil Shaham in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati, today at 11 a.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $12 to $120 at cincinnatisymphony.org.
• Stranahan Theater, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, presents Jerry Seinfeld at 7 p.m. Tickets: $65-$85 at 419-381-8851.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “Music of Billy Joel with Michael Cavanaugh” at 8 p.m., in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $29-$81 at www.daytonperformingarts.org and 937-228-3630.
• Hotel Fort Wayne, 305 E. Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana, hosts a sports card and collectibles show from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission free. 260-824-4867.
• GreenView United Church of Christ hosts a smorgasbord from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Center, 3168 Leatherwood Creek Road, Plattsville. Meals cost $7 for adults, $3 for children 12 and under.
• Darke County Parks offers a craft class, Alien Arrangements, flower arranging of non-native plants, at 10 a.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165. Take clippers and gloves.
• Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, presents Fall on the Farm from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children’s activities, demonstrations, story-telling, pumpkin decorating. Boy and Girl Scouts in uniform or with membership cards and children 5 and under get free admission. Others: $16 adults, $10 children 6-16. 800-590-9755.
• Epilepsy Foundation of Western Ohio presents the Purple Pumpkin-Palooza and Carabear Chase 5K in Botkins Park, 500 E. State St., Botkins, from 4 to 7 p.m. Corn hole, costume contest, pumpkin carving contest, corn hole tournament, crafts, bounce house. Admission: $20 adults; $10 children 6-12; children under 6, free. Corn hole team registration, $30. www.ohioepilepsy.org.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney, featuring Taste of the Market.
• Cedar Bog Nature Preserve, 980 Woodburn Road, Urbana, presents a talk by Jim Lemon on insects at 10 a.m.. Admission: $10 adults; $5 Ohio History Connection members and children. 937-484-3744.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, opens an exhibit, “[email protected]: The Work of Ruben and Isabel Toledo.” Exhibit hours vary. And presents Art Celebration, a fundraiser, at 6 p.m. Dinner with the artists. Exhibit admission: $6-$20. Celebration tickets: $750. 614-629-0359. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Miami County Park District presents Fall Farm Fest today from noon to 7 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, Troy. Demonstrations, wagon rides, petting zoo, crafts and vendors, corn maze. Admission free. Some activities have fees. And a free movie today at 7 p.m. miamicountyparks.com.
• Dayton German Club presents Dayton Liederkranz Oktoberfest from 5 to 11 p.m. at 1400 E. Fifth St., Dayton. Music and food. Daytongermanclub.org.
• Brandeberry Winery, 5118 W. Jackson Raod, Enon, hosts Dogtoberfest, a humane society fundraiser, from noon to 5 p.m. Vendors, food, wine tasting, entertainment, raffles and pet adoptions. Admission free. Dogs welcome. 937-767-9103.
• The Enon Apple Butter Festival runs today and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in downtown Enon. Demonstrations, food, vendors.
• Niswonger Performing Arts Cetner, 10700 State Route 118, Van Wert, presents “Jungle Jack Hanna: Into the Wild Live” at 3 p.m. Tickets: $15-$45 at 419-238-6722.
• BMI Speedway, 791 E. Main St., Versailles, hosts the Whistling Goat Festival from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Entertainment, crafts, children’s activities. Admission: $10 adults; children under 12, free. www.whistlinggoatfestival.com.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, hosts a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. to open its exhibit, “Vessels, Vistas & Visions,” art by Pamela Ridenour, Donna Pierce-Clark and Shirley DeLaet, which runs through Nov. 27. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville.
• Lock One Community Arts presents “Shades of Buble,” at 3 p.m. in the James F. Dicke Auditorium in New Bremen High School. Tickets: $30 adults; $10 students, at Western Ohio True Value in Minster. www.lockone.org.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents Hye-Jin Kim in concert at 3 p.m. Tickets: $30 nonmembers; $25 members at 614-268-0750.
• Cincinnati Pops Orchestra presents Vanessa Williams in concert at 7 p.m. in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati. Tickets: $20-$125 at 513-744-3338.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents a discussion with representatives of the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati about representations of Muslims in the media, at 7 p.m. Free. Advance registration required at 513-421-3888.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts adult Scrabble games at 1 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts the Lego Builders Club for children 3-12 at 3 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents its annual ghost tours of Sidney leaving from the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., today and Oct. 13 at 6, 6:30, 7, and 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $10 members; $15 nonmembers; $8 students in grades kindgergarten-12. 498-1653.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents a talk at 2 p.m. by Drew Sawyer about the exhibit “The Sun Placed in the Abyss.” Tickets: $5 members; $20 nonmembers. 614-629-0359.
• New Knoxville Public Library offers Paws to REad, for children in grades kindergarten-2 to read to dogs at 3:15 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster screens a classic movie for adults at 1 p.m. and presents Ghost Gals, ghost-hunting stories, at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for Ghost Gals at 419-628-2925.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m. and presents Ghost Gals, ghost-hunting stories, at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration required for Ghost Gals at 419-753-2724.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and Lego Robotics Club for children in grades 3-7 and their parents at 3:30 p.m. Advance registration required for robotics at 419-629-2158.
• Miami County Park District hosts Health Trekkers, a hike and discussion, from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Hobart Urban Nature Preserve, 1400 Tyrone, Troy. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to [email protected]