FORT LORAMIE — During their regular meeting, Sept. 12, members of the Fort Loramie Village Council voted to temporarily suspend a village ordinance section.
The suspension permitted the sale of beer in Canal Park during German Heritage Days.
In other business, the board:
• Approved payment of $18,285 to Access Engineering for engineering work on the Main Street project.
• Gave third reading to an ordinance that would permit the leasing of a portion of Redskin Memorial Park to Fort Loramie Local Schools.
• Adopted a solid waste management plan for the Allen-Champaign, Hardin, Madison, Shelby-Union Joint Solid Waste Management District.
• Passed a resolution of necessity to improve S. Main Street.
• Determined that Barrett Paving had submitted the best bid for the Main Street reconstruction project.
• Passed a resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the Budget Commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county auditor.
• Voted to close a US Bank checking account with a balance of $219,330.97.
• Heard reports concerning rezoning requests, trick-or-treat scheduling for Oct. 30 from 3 to 4:30 p.m., health insurance changes, and fundraising to support Redskin Park costs.