SIDNEY — The Ohio Department of Transportation District 7 is finishing up its list of projects for the year. There will be several new projects started before the end of October
The following closures are currently in effect for the week of Oct. 10-16:
• State Route 66 between state Route 29 and Deep Cut Road, Daily lane closures through Oct. 31 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• U.S. 33 between Wapak-Fisher Road and state Route 65, Daily lane closures through Oct. 15 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• Interstate 75 between County Road 25A (Piqua) and U.S. 36, Lane width restrictions through June 15, 2017. Lanes are restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
• Statler Road between Cromes Drive and Free Road, road closure until June 15, 2017. The official detour is Cromes Drive/Looney Road to U.S. 36 to Troy-Sidney Road to Statler Road.
• I-75 at County Road 25A (Troy), 24 hour lane width restrictions through Oct. 31. Northbound lanes will be restricted to 13 feet. Southbound lanes will be restricted to 12 feet. Two lanes will remain open in each direction with one northbound lane shifted to the southbound side and one northbound lane operating on the northbound side. Two southbound lanes will also be open on the southbound side.
• I-75 south Ramp to County Road 25A near Troy, ramp closure through Oct. 28. The official detour is I-75 south to state Route 41 to I-75 north to County Road 25A.
• State Route 589 between Deam Road and state Route 29, bridge closure through Oct. 25. The official detour is U.S. 36 to state Route 235 to state Route 29
• State Route 48 north between Fessler Buxton Road and Russia Versailles Road, road closure through Oct. 31. The official detour is U.S. 36 to state Route 66 to state Route 48
• State Route 47 between Newport Road and Short Road, bridge closure through Oct. 18. The official detour is state Route 66 to state Route 705 to state Route 29 to I-75 to state Route 47.
Upcoming closures include:
• Miami – state Route 571 Ramp to I-75 south, ramp closure Oct. 25 at 8:30 a.m. through Oct. 26 at 8:30 p.m. The official detour is I-75 north to exit 69 to I-75 south.
• Shelby – state Route 119 between East Shelby Road and Wilkins Fortman Road, road closure Oct. 24-28. The official detour is state Route 66 to state Route 274 to state Route 29
• Shelby – state Route 119 between I-75 and Sidney-Freyburg Road, road closure Oct. 31 to Nov. 4. The official detour is state Route 65 to state Route 274 to I-75
ODOT closures focus on Interstate, US and State routes. For information on local roads you will need to contact the county, city or township where the road is located. Arrow boards and signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming closure. All work is weather permitting. Safety is a top priority at ODOT. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.