FORT LORAMIE — During their regular meeting, Oct. 17, members of the Fort Loramie Local Schools Board of Education heard from Junior/Senior High School Principal Kreg Hollenbacher about various sports honors that students and teams had won.
In other business, the board:
• Adopted state track proclamations.
• Heard about value-added test scores from Elementary School Principal Scott Rodeheffer and Hollenbacher.
• Approved a five-year forecast.
• Accepted donations of $100 from Emerson Climate Technologies in support of Power of the Pen and of $1,760 from Whit Parks in support of the athletic department.
• Approved revised board policies.
• Accepted the resignation of custodian Luke Koors and approved the hire of Destination Imagination coaches Phillip Barhorst, Jessica Eilerman, Veronica Gaier and Melisa Heitkamp at salaries of $252.68 each, Marsha Hess at a salary of $758.03 and Kalee Scheer at a salary of $505.35; of Julie Stricker as Destination Imagination coordinator at a salary of $589.58; and of 12 substitute teachers at a rate of $90 per day.
• Heard a report by Superintendent Daniel B. Holland about safety drills in the schools, athletic facility projects and Elm Street building demolition.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.