Inquiring PhotographerWhat does Minster Oktoberfest mean to you?
It’s time to celebrate German style
Advocates fight for their voices
Tootie prepares for Turkey Trot
Fall Fun Day
- On the agendas - 3:52 pm updated: 3:56 pm.
- Inquiring PhotographerWhat does Minster Oktoberfest mean to you? - 3:41 pm
- County record - 3:25 pm
- It’s time to celebrate German style - 3:24 pm
- City record - 3:05 pm
- Why it matters: China - 3:02 pm
- Advocates fight for their voices - 2:52 pm
- Minster starts homecoming celebration Monday - 2:47 pm
- Ohio lottery - 1:20 pm
- Alpha Center provides hope for residents - 11:07 am
- American Red Cross seeking volunteers to fulfill humanitarian services - 11:05 am
- Public invited to learn about Fort Amanda and the War of 1812 - 10:59 am
- Versailles to celebrate ‘A Night Under the Harvest Moon’ Homecoming - 10:54 am
- Filmmaker surprised - 10:48 am
- Commerce Drive closed this week - 10:20 am
- Auglaize real estate transfers - 10:19 am
- Pickleball frenzy arrives in Sidney - 4:49 am
- Tootie prepares for Turkey Trot - 12:30 am updated: 12:30 am.
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Survey slams lawmakers - 11:01 pm
- Cotterman trial to begin Monday - 10:49 pm
- Russia BOE approves appropriations, more at recent meeting - 4:48 pm
- Sidney files answer to lawsuit - 4:11 pm
- County record - 4:07 pm
- Clowns: No joking matter - 3:13 pm
- City record - 2:38 pm
- Fall Fun Day - 2:21 pm
- Praying to end abortion - 1:26 pm
- Lottery - 1:22 pm
- Book fair coming to Jackson Center - 12:59 pm
- Group hike planned in Jackson Center Saturday - 12:43 pm
- See you at the pole - 11:52 am
- Jackson Center BOE discusses building project’s move to phase 2 - 11:09 am
- First Community Connections Expo to be held Oct. 4 - 10:40 am
- 2-county pursuit ends in Sidney - 10:25 am updated: 1:04 pm.
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Disaster preparedness, church security issues outlined at seminar - 11:41 pm
- Princess for a day at Fairlawn - 7:24 pm
- Rhine Turkey Shoot - 5:22 pm
- Pumpkin-Palooza, 5K to be held in Botkins park Oct. 8 - 5:07 pm
- Faith banquet to feature Guillozet - 4:10 pm
- County record - 3:52 pm
- Door bustin’ - 3:33 pm
- City record - 3:08 pm
- Trooper’s prayer, support gives man hope - 2:35 pm
- Rumble Against Childhood Cancer spaghetti dinner - 1:54 pm
- Botkins agrees to join trash hauling price negotiations - 1:42 pm
- Lottery - 1:06 pm
- Anna student named Commended Student by National Merit Scholarship Program - 12:15 pm
- Fall Harvest Fest in Anna Park coming soon - 11:58 am
American Red Cross seeking volunteers to fulfill humanitarian services
TROY — The Northern Miami Valley Ohio Red Cross is seeking volunteers to help the organization fulfill its humanitarian mission. It is specifica...
Public invited to learn about Fort Amanda and the War of 1812
ST. MARYS — The Auglaize County Historical Society will present “Stories of Fort Amanda and the War of 1812” on Thursday, Oct. 6, at...
Versailles to celebrate ‘A Night Under the Harvest Moon’ Homecoming
VERSAILLES — Versailles 2016 Homecoming activities will begin Friday, Oct. 7, with the Homecoming Parade. The parade will begin at 6:15 p.m. sta...
Editor’s note: Gateway Arts Council will present the premiere screening of “Moving a Nation,” a film it produced to celebrate Shelby...
Commerce Drive closed this week
ANNA — The north end of Commerce Drive in Anna will be closed from 7 a.m., Monday, Oct. 3, until 4 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7, for street reconstructi...
Lehman rallies to beat LCC 4-2
Staff reportLIMA — The Lehman boys soccer team found itself trailing Lima Catholic 2-0 early on, but the Cavs rallied back to post a 4-2 victory...
Minster boys qualify for district
Staff reportHARROD — The Minster High School boys golf team has qualified for the district tournament after finishing third in the Division 3 Se...
Luncheon brings Shelby OaksLadies League play to an end
Staff reportRain interfered with the final day of golf for the Shelby Oaks Ladies League Wednesday, but not with the final luncheon, which included th...
Three girls teams to district
Staff reportVERSAILLES — Behind senior Emily Knouff’s 75, the Fort Loramie girls golf team finished third in the Division 2 Girls Sectiona...
Sidney wins, Nuss sets record
Staff reportTROTWOOD — After having their 8-game winning streak snapped Monday night, the Sidney Lady Jackets got back on track with a 3-0 win o...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Pet clinic date set
SIDNEY — The Shelby County Animal Rescue Foundation (SCARF) and the Shelby County Animal Shelter will host a low-cost pet vaccine and microchip ...
Library sets book sale
SIDNEY — Amos Memorial Public Library will sponsor its annual used book sale, Oct 7-8 in the American Legion Post, 1265 Fourth Ave.The hours on ...
OSGOOD — There are still tickets available for the Jolly 4-H club barbecue chicken dinners on Sunday, Oct. 9, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cos...
Car show, pork roast in Anna
ANNA — The Anna District Historical Society will host a car show and pork roast, Oct. 8, from 3 to 6 p.m. in the American Legion Heiland Post No...
ANNA — Lisa and Craig Albers, of Anna, have announced the birth of a daughter, Emma Marie Albers, born Sept. 16, 2016, at 12:57 a.m., in the Cop...
Bush 41 — backstabber
Is Bush 41 a backstabber? The Republican party has carried his family throughout their entire lives. Now at the age of 92, is this what he has to offe...
Candidates need bull-riding contest
“This whole election process just doesn’t work for me,” Dud said, sipping his coffee. “There’s no way we can tell who is...
Storm sewers are not garbage cans
The citizens of the City of Sidney are the owners of tremendous assets. Some are easily visible — City Hall, Tawawa Park, the Water Treatment Pl...
The future of Ohio agriculture
Last month, thousands of Ohioans from across the state flocked to their annual county fairs and the Ohio State Fair to showcase the best in agricultur...
To our readers
Opinions expressed in items on this page labeled “Their View” and “Your View” and other columns throughout the newspaper submi...
Continental Express employees recognized
SIDNEY — Continental Express Inc. held its annual safety meeting for its employees on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016. Addressing the drivers were spea...
Local rink marks National Skating Month
SIDNEY — Rolling Hills Skate, 105 E. Russell Road, will celebrate October as National Roller Skating Month by offering free admission to familie...
Speedway to hold job fair
SIDNEY – Speedway LLC (Speedway), the nation’s second-largest chain of company-owned and -operated convenience stores with approximately 2...
Airstream offers lightweight trailer
JACKSON CENTER — Airstream, the manufacturer of the iconic silver bullet travel trailer, has announced the launch of its newest travel trailer, ...
Vectren releases sustainability report
EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Vectren Corp. has released its corporate sustainability report, Sustainability in Practice, which illustrates the companyR...