Fair week officially underway
Monday to Friday forecast
CASE Institute provides professional development at Upper Valley Career Center
Passions for agriculture flourish abroad
Watch party attracts Trump fans
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Body of missing 10-year-old girl found in lake - 6:20 pm
- UVCC offers computer classes - 4:27 pm
- County record - 3:52 pm
- Fair week officially underway - 3:33 pm
- Former principal to join Hall of Fame - 3:10 pm
- View Story - 2:48 pm
- Levy question of the week - 2:40 pm
- Soldier found deceased in Honduras; Piqua man’s death under investigation - 2:05 pm
- Lottery - 1:38 pm
- Municipal court - 10:33 am
- Fire damages duplex - 9:50 am
- Various workshops planned for farmers - 8:35 am updated: 8:35 am.
- Power helps out kids who need “School Tools” - 11:05 pm
- Senior Citizens Day set July 26 - 12:21 pm
- Iconic rides return to fair - 5:13 am
- Special days at the fair - 5:09 am
- More vendors at fair - 4:45 am
- Mmmmmmmm — fair food - 4:22 am
- Carload night big change for fair - 2:21 am
- Events planned at the natural resources area - 1:24 am
- Veterans to be honored at fair - 12:55 am
- Visit the SDN booth - 12:38 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- 2016 Shelby County Fair Schedule of Events - 12:10 am
- Another exciting Kid’s Day planned - 12:09 am
- Humane agent petition denied - 10:56 pm
- Recent common pleas indictments - 10:54 pm
- Bryson Long honored - 8:49 pm
- County record - 3:46 pm
- Big Brothers Big Sisters to hold appreciation event - 3:46 pm
- JTD Hospital Foundation awards scholarships - 3:32 pm
- On the agendas - 3:27 pm
- City record - 3:04 pm
- Inquiring PhotographerWhat do you think of the upcoming Democratic convention? - 2:49 pm
- Floral, gift shop opens in Anna - 2:42 pm
- Mall plans clothing drive - 2:30 pm
- Ohio lottery - 1:56 pm
- New Bremen students hold positions at girls state - 1:33 pm
- Summer internships give UF students valuable experience - 1:28 pm
- CASE Institute provides professional development at Upper Valley Career Center - 12:52 pm
- View Story - 10:54 am
- Car fire caused by down wires Thursday - 9:20 am
- Sidney BOE completes staffing for 2016-17 school year - 8:04 am
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 8:01 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Pastor enjoys ‘cookie ministry’ - 11:46 pm
- Passions for agriculture flourish abroad - 11:42 pm
- Church tour - 8:55 pm
- View Story - 8:53 pm
Sunday drawingsMega Millions estimated jackpot: $15 millionPick 3 Midday: 9-9-5Pick 4 Midday: 0-0-8-5Pick 5 Midday: 0-0-4-6-1Powerball estimated jackp...
In Sidney Municipal Court July 21, 2016, Judge Duane Goettemoeller fined Krista Elliot, 23, 922 Spruce Ave., $250 for resisting arrest. She was also g...
Fire damages duplex
SIDNEY — No injuries were reported following an early morning fire Saturday.At 1:34 a.m. Saturday, Sidney firefighters were dispatched to a repo...
Various workshops planned for farmers
The Northwest Ohio Precision Ag Sprayer Day will be held Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the Fulton County Fairgrounds (8591 State Route 108, Wauseon). The event ...
Senior Citizens Day set July 26
SIDNEY — Who will be the oldest man and woman attending this year’s Shelby County Fair and who will be the couple married the longest?Thos...
Godown captures1st County Open title
The first thing Barry Godown did after winning his first Men’s Shelby County Open championship Sunday was breath a big sign of relief.Godown won...
Knouff breaks 41-year-old course record
Fort Loramie senior-to-be Emily Knouff repeated as Ladies Shelby County Open champion Saturday, but that accomplishment was somewhat anticlimactic to ...
Troy forces deciding game
TROY — Sidney Post 217 led 3-0 after an inning, but Troy Post 43 came back to claim a 9-7 win to force a deciding game in the Region 2 American ...
Post 217 run-rules Troy 10-0
Staff reportGREENVILLE — Sidney Post 217 continued to cruise through the Region 2 Baseball Tournament Thursday night with its second straight ru...
(tap to edit)...
County Open set
There is one thing certain as players prepare for the annual Shelby County Open golf tournament, scheduled for this weekend at Shelby Oaks and the Moo...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Today in history
Today is Sunday, July 24, the 206th day of 2016. There are 160 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On July 24, 1866, Tennessee be...
Abbotts mark 55 years
SIDNEY — Gail Ann and Ralph Abbott, of Sidney, will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary at an open house hosted by their children and grand...
Reithman, Homan to wed
MINSTER — Janelle Riethman, of Minster, and Lee Homan, of St. Marys, have announced their engagement and plans to marry this month, July 2016, i...
MARIA STEIN — Lynn and Dean Homan, of Maria Stein, have announced the birth of a daughter, Emily Jane Homan, born July 8, 2016, at 9:08 p.m., in...
JACKSON CENTER — Heidi and Todd Braun, of Jackson Center, have announced the birth of a son, Hayden Matthew Braun, born July 9, 2016, at 10:55 p...
Zimmermans address Kiwanis Club
SIDNEY — Shelby County Juvenile/Probate Judge Bill Zimmerman Sr. talked about juvenile offenders when he address the Sidney Rotary Club, recentl...
Appalled at flag burning
To the editor:Nothing makes me more sad and mad, simultaneously, than the act of vandalism. People work darn hard this day and age to own a vehicle an...
Upcoming convention offers chance to build excitement for Democrats
For Democrats, the upcoming convention in Philadelphia offers a chance to do what Hillary Clinton’s campaign so far has struggled to do.Build ex...
Who’s fair is it anyway?
One of finest traditions in the Buckeye State is the Ohio State Fair. Taking the time to visit this exciting event and/or one of the many great fairs ...
Summer water safety
When the summer sun packs a wallop like it has this week, thoughts turn to staying cool.For children and adults across the state, a dip in the water &...
Thank you for donations
To the editor:On behalf of the Miami Valley Veterans Museum and 4th of July Parade we would like to thank all the volunteers including those that furn...
Federal and State:President Barack Obama, White House, Washington, D.C. 20500, (202) 456-1111Gov. John Kasich (R), Riffe Center, 30th Floor, 77 S. Hig...
County in center for used car prices
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — The automotive buyer intelligence firm Autolist.com has released its second quarter 2016 Most Affordable Areas Analysis and ...
UVCC honors businesses
PIQUA — The Ohio School Board Association added four local businesses to the 2016 Honor Roll for their support of Upper Valley Career Center.Gre...
Ohio voters dislike payday lenders
COLUMBUS — Ohio voters view Wall Street banks and used car salesmen more favorably than payday lenders, according to a recent opinion poll that ...
Dairy Queen supports hospitals
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — The Dairy Queen system’s iconic Blizzard Treat takes center stage, July 28, to benefit sick children in local communi...
SIDNEY — Danielle Sielschott, of the financial services firm Edward Jones in Sidney, recently won the firm’s Jim Harrod Award for her exce...