- Sunday Drive to perform - 12:26 pm
- Believe in Ohio Program announces winners of state competition - 12:21 pm
- Dean’s list - 12:10 pm
- Council discusses subdivision, amends budget - 11:50 am
- Escape from the Phillips Sheets Botkins Library - 11:33 am
- Gospel festival set for June 10-12 - 11:26 am
- Gospel program set for June 4 - 11:20 am
- ReStore to relocate - 11:06 am
- Local students compete at State Science Day - 11:02 am
- Grillot receives degree - 10:49 am
- The goodness of God, in a not so good world - 9:28 am
- Anna Police arrest 16-year-old - 9:18 am updated: 10:00 am.
- The Lehman Crier - 8:00 am
- Out of the Past - 12:59 am
- Cotterman agrees to unpaid leave - 10:54 pm
- SDN unveils new website - 5:24 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- Firefighter Pleiman and Police are honored - 5:24 pm
- County record - 5:09 pm
- Wapak woman sentenced in overdose death - 4:52 pm
- Ruese Insurance honored - 4:46 pm
- Park seeks blacksmiths - 4:41 pm
- Fort Loramie school board hires staff - 4:39 pm
- Important lessons: to count, to spell, to paint - 4:33 pm updated: 4:35 pm.
- 2017 Acura NSX rolls off line - 4:02 pm
- Police search for suspect - 3:40 pm updated: 5:49 pm.
- City record - 3:29 pm
- Gilardis sell Freshway Foods - 3:19 pm
- County unemployment rates sees drop - 2:22 pm
- Rotary dedicates park shelter - 1:45 pm updated: 1:45 pm.
- Sidney-Shelby County Chamber Golf Classic - 1:11 pm
- A day to be outdoors - 1:00 pm
- Advanced funeral planning seminar set - 12:24 pm
- Bornhorst performs in spring band concert - 11:28 am
- Name that Tree workshop set - 11:03 am
- Faber announces return of Ohio’s Sales Tax Holiday - 10:59 am
- Students graduate from Ashland University - 10:56 am
- Hardin-Houston BOE to have special meeting - 10:52 am
- Sidney resident graduates from training - 10:50 am
- Continuing a Lehman tradition - 10:01 am
- Meeting date changed - 8:01 am
- Lottery - 9:06 am updated: 2:59 pm.
- Road closed - 7:50 am
- Out of the Past - 12:59 am
- CAS impacts the community - 12:48 am
- Riverside graduation - 12:00 am updated: 12:01 am.
- Jackson Center graduation - 12:00 am updated: 12:01 am.
- New Bremen graduation - 12:00 am updated: 12:01 am.
- Houston graduation - 12:00 am updated: 12:00 am.
- Congratulations Class of 2016 - 12:00 am updated: 12:00 am.
- Sidney High School graduation - 12:00 am updated: 12:00 am.
Local students compete at State Science Day
COLUMBUS — Fifty-five students from fifteen local school districts recently competed successfully at the Ohio Academy of Science State Science D...
Grillot receives degree
DEFIANCE – Defiance College held its 129th commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7.A total of 178 graduates were awarded degrees during the noo...
The goodness of God, in a not so good world
As a guest contributor to this column I’ve had the privilege of sharing with you numerous times. There are so many topics and issues on the soci...
Anna Police arrest 16-year-old
ANNA — A 16-year-old boy was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly robbing the Anna Market earlier that day.The juvenile, said Anna Police Chie...
Out of the Past
100 YearsMay 25, 1916For the past two months there has been a more or less persistent rumor that L.M. Studevant would be a candidate for Congress this...
Hoying’s streak has him at .313
Staff reportFort Loramie product Jared Hoying has been on a real tear for Round Rock, the Class AAA minor league affiliate of the Texas Rangers.Hoying...
District titles for Anna, Lehman
Staff reportSPRINGFIELD — An outstanding pitching performance from Mitchell Lindsey looked like it might be for nothing Friday in the Division 3...
5-run 5th puts Houston in regional
Staff reportPIQUA — Mechanicsburg pushed a run across in the top of the fifth to tie Houston 1-1, but the Lady Wildcats roared back with five in...
Minster edges Crestviewin D-4 district semifinals
Staff reportCOLDWATER — Minster scored twice in the bottom of the fourth and Josh Nixon made it stand up for a 2-1 victory over Crestview in the...
Staff reportAnna senior outfielder Luke Albers has been voted the County Player of the Year in baseball for the second year in a row, it was announced...
Staff reportHouston senior Macey Stang and Russia junior Maria Herron are co-Players of the Year in County softball, it was announced this week.The tw...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Today in history
Today is Sunday, May 22, the 143rd day of 2016. There are 223 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On May 22, 1960, an earthquake ...
Grand Lake Wound Care Center recognized with national award
ST. MARYS — Joint Township District Memorial Hospital physicians, leaders, and clinicians gathered this week to celebrate the Center of Distinct...
Goubeauxes mark 40 years
FORT LORAMIE — Deborah and Kevin Goubeaux, of Fort Loramie, will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary, May 26, 2016.Kevin and the former Deb...
Ehemann, Gibbs to wed
JACKSON CENTER — Shelby Ehemann and Jason Gibbs, both of Jackson Center, have announced their engagement and plans to marry in June in the St. J...
Couple plan May wedding
FORT LORAMIE — Traci Mertz and Scott Goubeaux, both of Fort Loramie, have announced their engagement and plans to marry May 28,2016, in the St. ...
Jackson celebrating 11th birthday
By the time you read this, my baby boy will be 11! That is insane! He tends to be one of my favorite subjects to write about, so as you probably alrea...
It’s Cow-a-dunga time
I was studying my card when the guys walked in for coffee.“What did you get?” asked Doc.“D-24.”“Just one?”“Y...
The ’80s were good for Madonna, but not Farmers!
Almost as we take for granted our food I think we also take for granted the financial conditions of our agricultural community.The 1980s may have been...
Honoring Our Veterans with the Benefits They Deserve
Melissa Twine’s husband, Captain Philip Twine, was a logistics officer in the Air Force when he was killed in the line of duty in 2002. In an in...
High Quality H2O Always Needs a Bobby Boucher
Over the past few months we have learned a lot about the water crisis in Flint, Michigan and I must say that I am appalled by the failure of their loc...
School picnic brings fun for all
Today, we as a church had an excellent time together at what we call our “annual school picnic.”For the last five weeks, the three teacher...
Habitat ReStore to move
TROY — Habitat for Humanity of Miami & Shelby Counties has announced that its Habitat ReStore is relocating to an 18,000-square foot facilit...
United Way sets governance seminar
SIDNEY — The Shelby County United Way has opened registrations for a free seminar for nonprofit board members.The Board Governance Seminar will ...
sFORT RECOVERY — Jerry and Lorri Kaup, of Fort Recovery, were the recipients of the 2016 Distinguished Alumni Award from the Ohio State Universi...
Woehrmyer to join practice
COVINGTON — Covington Dental, formerly Dr. Forrest Blythe, DDS, has announced that Dr. Heather (Motter) Woehrmyer will join the practice in June...
Edison opens peace officer training
PIQUA — The Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy at Edison State Community College is now accepting applications for the 20-week program that wil...
Board OKs stock buy back
VERSAILLES — Versailles Financial Corp., the holding company for Versailles Savings and Loan Co., has announced that its board of directors has ...