Houston presents ‘Loving Live’ this weekend
Friday to Tuesday forecast
Students plan food drive to help Tootie
Anna plans 49th Annual ‘Night of One Acts’
Mercer County Sheriff charges man with online harassment, menacing
- City record - 3:02 pm
- Jackson Center Drama Club to host ‘Haunted School’ fundraisers - 2:34 pm
- YMCA to host election night party for kids - 2:28 pm
- Houston presents ‘Loving Live’ this weekend - 2:05 pm
- Healing Event for Survivors set for Nov. 19 in Piqua - 1:51 pm
- Lottery - 1:40 pm
- ‘Iron Man’ thanks blood donors - 12:14 pm
- Meyer named Wendy’s High School Heisman school winner, state finalist - 11:44 am
- Quincy residents to vote on aggregation of electric levy - 11:38 am
- Upper Valley CC Student Senate honored - 11:35 am
- ‘Trust’ — now there’s a word - 8:54 am updated: 9:52 am.
- Teen injured in crash - 8:37 am
- Students plan food drive to help Tootie - 8:26 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Anna plans 49th Annual ‘Night of One Acts’ - 11:47 pm
- Botkins budget outlook in ‘good shape’ - 10:07 pm
- Careflight called to crash - 5:13 pm
- Church plans craft show - 4:23 pm
- Some voters to decide energy issues - 3:55 pm
- Mercer County Sheriff charges man with online harassment, menacing - 3:52 pm
- County record - 3:49 pm
- City record - 3:33 pm
- Bringing Sidney fresh water - 1:21 pm
- Leaf collection begins Oct. 31 - 1:11 pm
- Lottery - 1:01 pm
- Bonds set at $250,000 each in shooting cases - 12:58 pm
- Paintings come to life at Sidney theatre - 11:54 am
- SCS serves Pizza Hut A+ pizza - 11:49 am
- Anna Halloween party set for Monday - 11:46 am
- City of Sidney employees set new UW giving record - 11:42 am
- View Story - 11:37 am
- McKibben inducted into Phi Kappa Phi - 11:23 am
- ODOT projects winding down - 11:11 am
- ODOT seeking comments on project - 11:02 am
- Formerly incarcerated to make pilgrimage to Vatican - 9:32 am
- Trunk or Treat set for Oct. 31 - 9:07 am
- Holiday Bazaar set for Nov. 12-13 - 9:04 am
- Tenderloin dinner planned - 8:58 am
- Coat giveaway set for Saturday - 8:46 am
- Out of the past - 12:25 am
- Walking to defeat breast cancer - 11:50 pm
- 2 experienced judges seek 3rd District seat - 11:34 pm
- Tri-County Mental Health renewal levy on ballot - 11:21 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Millbourn gets 36 months for heroin overdose death - 9:13 pm
- First novel gets great review - 5:31 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- Vectren installs ERTs - 5:03 pm
- MOAR gives awards - 4:58 pm
- County record - 4:22 pm
- City record - 2:56 pm
- Former trooper arrested - 2:48 pm
Upper Valley CC Student Senate honored
PIQUA — The Upper Valley Career Center Board Of Education honored Student Senate leaders at the board meeting held Monday evening.Student Senate...
‘Trust’ — now there’s a word
Webster defines trust – belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc… Assured reliance on the character, abi...
Teen injured in crash
SIDNEY — A Sidney teenager was injured in a one-vehicle crash Wednesday, Oct. 26.According to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, CareFlig...
Out of the past
125 Years Ago October 27, 1891A petition is circulating asking that German be taught in the Sidney schools. A knowledge of the language is of great be...
Anna plans 49th Annual ‘Night of One Acts’
ANNA — On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m., the Anna High School Drama Club will present the 49th Annual Night of One A...
Minster to battle NewBremen for district title
Staff reportVAN WERT —It will be Minster taking on New Bremen for the Division 4 District volleyball championship tonight, after both were victo...
Lady Cavs pull away to 5-1 win
Staff reportEATON — It was the pivotal moment in what has become a traditional Lehman-Miami East Girls Division 3 Sectional final Tuesday night ...
Recount: Bowser broke 5 records
Staff reportThere wasn’t much to cheer about Friday night for Sidney football fans in the loss to Vandalia, but it was still a night to remember...
Lady Jackets win OT thriller
Staff reportErin Ivey ran up on a ball booted toward the goal by Emily Wiesenmayer, and got to it before the Xenia goalie Saturday night, putting it i...
5 games, 5 sectional champs
Staff reportVolleyball teams from outside the county found out just how good volleyball is inside the county Saturday in five Southwest District Secti...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Lawsons mark 50 years
SIDNEY — Johnnie V. and Joe Lawson Jr., of Sidney, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, Sept. 10, 2016, with karaoke and line dancing with...
Museum reschedules talk
DAYTON — Due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, the Dayton Art Institute has announced that the artist talk with Richard Mosse, originally pl...
Grillot, Ebgert to wed
WAPAKONETA — Amy M. Grillot, of Wapakoneta, and Kurt A. Egbert, of Botkins, have announced their engagement and plans to marry, Nov. 5, 2016, in...
OCT. 27• Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at 5 p.m. in the Northside Commons Community Center, 316 W. Russell Road. 937-789-4317.• Nar-Anon ...
Scout plans funding dinner
FORT LORAMIE — A spaghetti dinner will be held Oct. 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in St. Michael’s Hall in Fort Loramie.Proceeds will fu...
Clinton is much safer for America
To the editor:I have voted Republican in the past. I served in the U.S. military for 20 years. It’s not my nature to speak up.But my wife and I ...
Coffield for Shelby County Treasurer
To the editor:I am writing this letter to express my support for John Coffield who is running for the position of Shelby County Treasurer. I have know...
Thank you to Good Samaritans
To the editor:Please help me say a big “thank you” to the two men and young women who came to my aid last Monday when I ran out of gasolin...
Dinner raises funds for school
Our biannual supper at the Robinson Community Hall was a week ago. We Amish ladies had been busy baking and preparing all kinds of dishes to be served...
Make your judicial vote count on Nov. 8
Given the amount of media coverage devoted to the presidential election this year, many Ohioans may believe that the race for the Oval Office is the o...
Our nation is at a crossroad
To the editor:Our nation is at a crossroad — in one direction there is freedom, opportunity, and hope — in the other direction there is bi...
Bob Evans plans free meals for vets
NEW ALBANY — Veterans and active duty military personnel have a free Veterans Day meal coming their way, thanks to Bob Evans Restaurants.This ye...
Premier Health garners awards
DAYTON — Premier Health hospitals achieved dozens of awards for the quality of their care, Healthgrades recently announced.“Our hospitals ...
Golden Fresh Farms to hold job fair
WAPAKONETA — Golden Fresh Farms in Wapakoneta will be hosting a local job fair on Friday, Oct, 28, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 29...
Schoenstatt’s crowning celebration held
MCCARTYVILLE — Catholics throughout North and South America will be celebrating the Schoenstatt crowning.The Apostolic movement of Schoenstatt i...
Tips to avoind moving scams
Moving can be a stressful time in your life. Moving to a new home, starting a new job or simply worrying about whether your items will be damaged or e...
Thermoseal marks Mfg. Day
SIDNEY — Thermoseal Inc. celebrated National Manufacturing Day with local representatives, Oct. 11.Sidney Mayor Mike Barhorst presented a procla...